Science programs for teens:
The GLOBE team (Grade 9 -12) does earth systems science. Using GLOBE as our basis we do a research project using GLOBE protocols that we submit to the International Virtual Science Symposium and the regional Student Research Symposium. Along the way, we kayak, hike, collaborate internationally, collect data and do science.
Contact Anne (605)224-8295 for more information.
Girls ages 10 and up:
Do you like exciting experiments? Awesome adventures? Fantastic fun? Become a part of CuriosiTeens!
Explore cool hands-on activities, go on adventures, design your own research project, or bring a science cafe to our community and meet special guests. Start your STEM* journey with us. (*Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).
We meet the last Thursday of every month from 6:30 – 8:00 PM at the SD Discovery Center.
- September 28: Science of Flight
– how to make a bat skin kite using silicone rubber and 3Doodler
- October 26: Halloween Science
– how to make an illuminated sugar skull using sewable electronics
- November 30: Explorer Science
– a night with our special guest Anne Lewis, National Geographic Arctic Explorer