Family Membership – $50
Unlimited annual admission for parents and children living at home.
Grandparent Membership – $50
Unlimited annual admission for grandparents and minor grandchildren.
Teacher Membership – $75
Unlimited annual admission for classes of 25 students or less, free rental on kits and loaner trunks
Membership + Youth Opportunity Fund Donation – $100
In addition to your membership, you purchase a membership for a family who could otherwise not afford one.
If you want to make a donation just to the Youth Opportunity Fund, please go to our Donate page.
Benefactor membership – $150.00
Unlimited annual admission, 20% store discount, 10 guest passes.
Supporter membership – $300
Unlimited annual admission, 20% store discount, 10 guest passes, 50% discount on after hours rental* of South Dakota Discovery Center.
Patron membership – $600
Unlimited annual admission for family and four guests per visit, 20% store discount, free after hours rental* of South Dakota Discovery Center.
Sponsor membership – $1,000
Unlimited annual admission for family and guests, 20% store discount, free after hours rental* of South Dakota Discovery Center.
- Unlimited admissions for a year to the South Dakota Discovery Center.
- Reciprocal admission at more than 250 participating science centers through the ASTC Passport program.
- Each institution has its own admissions policy, so call before you go to get the details. Also, reciprocity extends only to regular/general admission—it does not include free admission to additional attractions such as special exhibits, planetarium shows, simulator rides or giant-screen films. It also does not usually include museum store discounts.
- Please note — two local restrictions apply:
1. Based on your science center’s/museum’s location. Science centers and museums located within 90 miles of each other are excluded from the program unless that exclusion is lifted by mutual agreement. 90 miles is measured “as the crow flies” and not by driving distance. Science centers/museums may create their own local reciprocal program. ASTC does not require or participate in these agreements, or dictate their terms.2. Based on your residence. To receive Travel Passport Program benefits, you must live more than 90 miles away (“as the crow flies”) from the center/museum you wish to visit. Admissions staff reserve the right to request proof of residence for benefits to apply. As much as we appreciate long distance memberships, SD Discovery Center memberships should not be used to visit your local science center unless you live in Pierre, SD.
- Invitations to ‘Members Only’ events
- Loaner Program: Members can borrow South Dakota Discovery Center backpacks and loaner kits (Some restocking fees may apply on loaner kits. See center staff for details.)
- Satisfaction of helping Pierre and South Dakota grow in science education and tourism.
Purchase Your Membership
- Indicate the membership category you would like purchase.
- Enter the names of adults and children covered by the membership.
- Family memberships – list parents and all minor children.
- Grandparent memberships – list grandparents and all minor grandchildren
- Press “Pay Now”. We use Pay Pal services. You will be taken to the Paypal site and returned to the South Dakota Discovery Center after completing your membership purchase.