Hours and Admission
As a hands-on science center, we have mitigation protocols in place to keep the health and safety of our members, visitors, volunteers, and staff top-of-mind. Please review our disclaimer before your visit and consult the current COVID19 risk level for Hughes County at bit.ly/covid-hughesco to decide if a visit is the right decision for you.
Our exhibit hall is currently limited to 25 people at a time and we require visitors to wear masks to reduce the spread of germs, please follow the steps below to book a time for your visit.
Some high-touch and close-contact areas are currently closed (Water Fountains, Planetarium, K-nex, Harmonograph, and Van De Graaff Generator).
Winter Hours (Sept 1 - April 30)
- Sunday to Friday 1pm - 5pm
- Saturday 10 - 5pm
Summer Hours (May 1- August 31)
- Sunday 1pm - 5pm
- Monday - Saturday 10 am - 5pm
Closed: New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas. Check our Facebook page for weather related and incidental closures.
- Ages 3 - 65: $4
- 65+, AAA members: $3
ASTC Members and kids ages 2 and under are free
The SDDC is an ASTC passport program member. With your membership in an ASTC Passport member institution, you get free general admission to science centers and museums outside your local area. Join the savviest of science-loving families and adults and visit more than 350 science centers and museums in 20 countries around the world!
10 or more paying visitors: $3 per person
Please register your group through our Registration Form.
We ask our visitors to please follow our guidelines:
- Supervise young explorers at all times.
- Use indoor speaking voices and walking feet.
- Use the exhibits as intended. Look at signage for help.
- Leave the exhibits how you found them so others can play.
- Explore as much as you like, but please clean up after yourselves.
- Don’t leave items on the floor and keep exhibit parts in the area they belong.
- Use the exhibits as intended and with care so they stay nice for everyone.
- Wait your turn and share with others.
- Listen to and follow directions from staff.
Book Your Visit
Select the day and time you wish to visit the Center in the calendar.
The default length for a visit is 1.5 hours.
To finalize your reservation, click register and use the CODE provided in the confirmation message to pay for your visit.